Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Stuck

I’m stuck. My manager says ‘sell’ but the developers can’t keep deadlines. How can I sell when they can’t complete what we sell now?

This is a common challenge. Here are some questions that come to mind. How long has it been this way? What has management done to fix the problem? What is the normal turnaround time? How does that compare to your competitors?

DELETE the ABOVE! Look at the real problem. You’re not gonna like this but, the problem is between your ears! For some reason you’ve mistaken your role in the company. You’ve given merit to the inner sanctum BS of what, why and how much the developers do or don’t do.

You were hired for SALES! Sales is introductions, relationships, finding companies/people who need your stuff. You’re not management. You don’t run the developers.

STOP making excuses. Get more appointments, get $ upfront, get contracts and the company will have more to invest in internal resources.

If you don’t believe in your company, how can you expect your prospects to believe? Stop spending your grey matter on things you can’t control. Focus on being the best salesperson you can. If you can’t, resign and find something you believe in soooooo much, the conviction exudes from your pours. Or get out of sales and stop giving real salespeople a bad wrap.


For more information about sales development goto www.thetrainingroup.com

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Rocky, I find it very refreshing to occasionally find a postsuch as yours with a different topic completely to what I was looking for. It often ads to ones list of lifes experiences.

I tend to have a soft spot for blogs related to custom web design and /or sites that have a central theme around custom web design type items.

Once again, thank you, hope you don't mind if I visit again sometime :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Rocky, I find it quite refreshing to occasionally find a article like yours with an familair topic such as Stuck. Its not was I was searching for but somehow ads to ones list of lifes experiences.

I have a soft spot for sites and blogs related to web design tools and /or sites that have a central theme around web design tools type items.

Once again, thank you Rocky, look forward see more posts from you in the future :-)

Anonymous said...

Good Day Rocky, I just did a search for make money at home and for some reason your site was highlighted! I have a real interest in Stuck and was hoping your site could lead me to more info. Unfortunately it did not have any sources for make money at home
Thanks Anyway!
PS: I really enjoyed your read even though it was not what I had anticipated.

Anonymous said...

Hello Rocky, I was searching for some info on make money on the internet and stumbled across your blog. Even though Stuck was different than what I thought, it was different enough to get my attention. I really don't understand how I got your page while looking for make money on the internet. Anywho I loved your blog and am very happy I stopped by. Thanks for the interesting read.

Anonymous said...

Hello Rocky, I was searching for some info on make money at home and stumbled across your blog. Even though Stuck was different than what I thought, it was different enough to get my attention. I really don't understand how I got your page while looking for make money at home. Anywho I loved your blog and am very happy I stopped by. Thanks for the interesting read.

Anonymous said...

Hello Rocky, I was searching for some info on six figure income and stumbled across your blog. Even though Stuck was different than what I thought, it was different enough to get my attention. I really don't understand how I got your page while looking for six figure income. Anywho I loved your blog and am very happy I stopped by. Thanks for the interesting read.

Anonymous said...

Hello Rocky, I was searching for some info on make money at home and stumbled across your blog. Even though Stuck was different than what I thought, it was different enough to get my attention. I really don't understand how I got your page while looking for make money at home. Anywho I loved your blog and am very happy I stopped by. Thanks for the interesting read.

Anonymous said...

Hi there Rocky, I am very interested in make money on the internet. Your blog came to my attention by following some links for Stuck. I really think your blog is cool. Unfortunately it was not exactly relevant to make money on the internet. All in all I am glad I accidently came across your site. I am going to tell my friends about your blog. They are very interested in your subject.I am sure they will visit often. Thanks and make it a great day!

Anonymous said...

Although this may be true, have you ever considered what it would be like if the opposite point of view was also true? self help free debt elimination can be a double edged sword. And I think it makes sense to get passionate enough about it to at least form an opinion.

Anonymous said...

Good Day Rocky, I just did a search for make money on the internet and for some reason your site was highlighted! I have a real interest in Stuck and was hoping your site could lead me to more info. Unfortunately it did not have any sources for make money on the internet
Thanks Anyway!
PS: I really enjoyed your read even though it was not what I had anticipated.

mcdeashe said...

navigate to this website useful source visit this web-site websites like it Check Out Your URL