Wednesday, May 04, 2005

You Stew

Imagine if you will, that you are in a foreign land but didn’t realize you were there until you were there. You don’t know the language, the culture, the signs, the unspoken language. You could flip someone off unknowingly and become one of those ‘heads on a stick’.

Imagine again, if you will, that you are in this foreign land and you start telling everyone what to do. How to get from here to there in the shortest route, how to save time and effort, how to harvest information, new ideas, change, and happier lives. How long would it be before you were introduced to the boiling pot of ‘you stew’.

Isn’t that what most sales people do? Before ever learning the culture, the language, the unspoken language, they tell, and think that is sales. They say I and me and they close their minds to openness and learning. How can you ever learn if you don’t listen. Listen with intent to understand. Listen with out assuming. Listen between the lines with intent to be understood. Listen to learn how to present ideas the way they want them presented, so that the ideas to use your service and products are the ideas of the foreigners.

Listening is the alternative to ‘you stew’!

For more information about sales development goto www.thetrainingroup.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Day Rocky, I just did a search for make money on the internet and for some reason your site was highlighted! I have a real interest in You Stew and was hoping your site could lead me to more info. Unfortunately it did not have any sources for make money on the internet
Thanks Anyway!
PS: I really enjoyed your read even though it was not what I had anticipated.

Anonymous said...

It doesn't really matter whether you take Rocky's advice. In fact, if you're into personal development seminars in a big way, you probably already have your own view on what's in You Stew. But whichever way you decide, remember to be true to yourself. In the long run, you are the only constant in personal development seminars you have.

Anonymous said...

Hi there Rocky, I am very interested in make money on the internet. Your blog came to my attention by following some links for You Stew. I really think your blog is cool. Unfortunately it was not exactly relevant to make money on the internet. All in all I am glad I accidently came across your site. I am going to tell my friends about your blog. They are very interested in your subject.I am sure they will visit often. Thanks and make it a great day!